Thank you to Snowcentral for assisting with the following snow gear packing suggestions:
In a large backpack you’ll want to be able to fit:
- Waterproof outerwear, think insulated pants and jacket
- Baselayers – look for clothes made with merino, blended, polypropylene (avoid cotton)
- Midlayers – microfleece top or vest (go for a basic black or white here)
- Goggles with double lenses to protect your eyes
- Gloves which are waterproof and breathable
- Beanie – look for one in a fun colour that covers your ears and is super warm
- Neck warmer – (usually made of fleece for neck and face protection)
- Socks – avoid ribbed and cotton
You can place the following items in your regular luggage:
- Apres Boots – warm and water-resistant
- Apres Gloves – travel and water-resistant
In a smaller carry on bag, you’ll need a leather toiletry bag filled with sunscreen, lip balm, a box of condoms and deodorant. Add in some Nikwax for cleaning all of your gear before you store it in the garage.
Yes, you can always rent the equipment and clothing.
Please leave a comment and tell me what you have gotten up to in the snow?