Celebrity chef Manu Feildel has created some recipes cooking with turkey as part of Ingham’s Dinner Done recipe collection.
Turkey Koftas Recipe
Servings: 4 people
Time: 45 minutes
- 4 metal skewers
- 4 small pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, to serve
400g packet Ingham’s Turkey Breast Mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons each ground cumin, coriander and smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make koftas, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix well.
- Shape 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture into a sausage shape, then repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 koftas. Thread two koftas onto each skewer.
- Heat a barbecue grill plate or char-grill pan over high heat. Cook the pita breads for about 1 minute on each side or until charred. Remove. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Brush koftas with half the oil. Cook on the same heated barbecue plate, turning occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes, until browned all over and cooked through. Remove.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, cucumber, onion, torn mint, pine nuts, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Combine yoghurt and chopped mint in a bowl.
- Serve koftas on pita bread with mint yoghurt, salad and lemon wedges.
Handy Cooking Tips
- You can replace cumin, coriander, paprika and cinnamon with a Middle Eastern spice blend.
- If time permits, koftas can be made up to the end of step 2, one day ahead. Store, in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Metal skewers can be replaced with bamboo skewers. Soak in water for at least 1 hour before using to prevent them from burning when cooking. Alternatively, if you don’t have skewers, you can shape koftas into meatballs and pan-fry.
To learn more about Ingham’s, its range of turkey products, and Ingham’s Dinner Done, visit inghams.com.au/dinner-done
Ingham’s has twenty Turkey farms, which are located in New South Wales based on the Macarthur region in South-West Sydney to the Southern Highlands. All farms are family-owned and operated.
Ingham’s is the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand, employing 8,000 people. It supplies locally farmed chicken, turkey and plant-based protein products to major retailers, quick-service restaurant (QSR) operators, food service distributors, wholesalers and export channels. Ingham’s was incorporated in March 2016 and is listed on the ASX as Inghams Group Limited.
Ingham’s is proud to participate in the RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme as a Producer in Australia, with animal welfare and sustainability as two of the company’s top priorities. For more information, visit the Ingham’s website.