With just a few short days until Supanova Comic Con and Gaming blasts into Brisbane (11-12 November 2023). Supa-Fans are preparing for an epic weekend of fandom fun, featuring Supa-Star celebrities from all your favourite series, including Star Wars, One Piece, Wednesday, and more!
Unfortunately, a personal matter has seen Ash Ketchum voice actor Sarah Natochenny needing to postpone her visit to Australia for the events. It’s not all bad news for Pokémon Supa-Fans, however, with Supanova announcing a new VA Supa-Star on the horizon in the form of Anjali Kunapaneni, headed to both cities.
Kunapaneni stars as Roy, one of the two lead protagonists, in the all-new ongoing Pokémon Horizons series. When they’re not exploring the Kanto region and beyond, Anjali can be heard as Dori in the global mega-hit Genshin Impact, and as Sushang in Honkai Star Rail.
The voice actor appears alongside their Apex Legends co-star Ben Prendergast (God of War: Ragnarok, Hades), legendary voice actress Colleen O’Shaughnessey (Sonic the Hedgehog, Digimon), as well as fellow Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon alumnus Eric Stuart a.k.a. Kaiba, and Brock and James in the respective series.
For lovers of live-action, the Supa-Stars are in no short supply. Supa-Fan favourite Temuera Morrison (Star Wars, The Book of Boba Fett) is set to return, with Mark Dacascos (John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum), Laz Alonso (The Boys, Avatar), Netflix newcomers Morgan Davies (One Piece) and Georgie Farmer (Wednesday), and more making their debut appearances in Adelaide and Brisbane.
Supa-Fans can immortalise their moment with their favourite stars with Photo-Ops and Autograph Tokens now on sale via Moshtix. General Admission, Supa-Q and VIP Supa-Star Passes are selling fast, so act now to secure your Supa-Fun weekend!
Confirmed Supa-Star Guests
- Mark Dacascos (John Wick: Chapter 3)
- Morgan Davies (One Piece, Evil Dead Rise)
- Temuera Morrison (The Book of Boba Fett)
- Laz Alonso (The Boys, Avatar, Fast & Furious)
- Joshua Orpin (Titans, Preacher, Love Me)
- Nikola Đjuričko (Stranger Things)
- Georgie Farmer (Wednesday)
- Tomer Capone (The Boys)
- Richard Rankin (Outlander, Burnis Toun)**
- Frazer Hines (Doctor Who)
- Lincoln Lewis (Home & Away)**
- John Jarratt (Wolf Creek, The Possessed)*
- Stephen Hunter (The Hobbit Trilogy)**
- Matt Doran (Star Wars, The Matrix)**
- Katee Sackhoff*** (The Mandalorian, BSG)
- Colleen O’Shaughnessey (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Anjali Kunapaneni (Pokémon Horizons)
- Eric Stuart (Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!)
- Ben Prendergast (God of War: Ragnarok)
- Lev Grossman (The Magicians Trilogy)**
- Lynette Noni (The Prison Healer)
- Alan Baxter (Blood Covenant, The Gulp)
- Madeline Te Whiu (The Assassin Thief)
- Jo Riccioni (The Branded Season)
- Jessica Townsend (Nevermoor)**
- Dan Parent (Archie Comics, Kevin Keller)
- Paulo Siqueira (Extreme Venomverse)
- *Appearing at Supanova 2023 – Adelaide only **Appearing at Supanova 2023 – Brisbane only
- ***Virtual Q&A panel only
- David Wenham (The Lord of The Rings, Elvis)
- Tomer Capone (The Boys)
- Sarah Natochenny (Pokémon)
What is Supanova?
Supanova Comic Con & Gaming began in Sydney in 2002 as a completely home-grown Australian production showcasing sci-fi, fantasy, comic books, anime, manga, games, cosplay and much more. The brainchild of Founder Daniel Zachariou, Supanova is run by a diverse and passionate team of independent professionals led by Event Director Scott Liston, with backgrounds in private industry and the creative sector. Supanova takes place in six cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast), and is Australia’s leading and largest event of its kind.
Supanova is a celebration of pop culture created by the Supanova family, for your family, to “bring out the inner geek” in fans of all ages.
Supanova Brisbane is held on 11-12 November 2023 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Find out more and book tickets at the Supanova website.
For all the latest news and Supa-Star entertainment, stay tuned to Supanova’s social media channels.
Supanova Socia Media:
About Supanova Comic Con and Gaming
Supanova Comic Con & Gaming has been the welcoming home of Australia’s pop culture fandom since 2000; a place where fans inspired by imaginary worlds emanating from comics, sci-fi, fantasy, anime, gaming, nostalgia and literature have been able to come together to celebrate. A place to rejoice in cosplay (‘cos’tume role-‘play’) in expressing your inner geek, your inner child.
Supa-Star celebrities, fan clubs, exciting exhibitors and exclusives have been woven in with entertainment technology, collectables, toys and four-colour fun.
At the very heart of it though is the opportunity Supanova provides to aspiring talent, artists and creators as a local national platform to showcase their work to an adoring public that enjoys and enthusiastically embraces newly invented worlds. Our community of fans are ready to jump on for another adventure in helping catapult projects towards the stars!
It’s that passion for the next great adventure that beats at the very core of what Supanova Comic Con and Gaming is all about so jump aboard and whether you’re seven or seventy, it’s going to be a blast!