Treat your loved one to a delicious dessert that takes only minutes to prepare.
Chocolate covered strawberries are a classic romantic indulgence, combining the freshness of strawberries with the richness of chocolate, all available from Flannerys Organic & Wholefood Market.
- To be gluten-free, choose GF chocolate.
- To be vegan and dairy-free, choose carob or vegan-friendly chocolate like Vego hazelnut bar.
150g organic dark chocolate, chopped roughly
500g fresh organic strawberries (stems on), washed
Optional: 50g organic milk or white chocolate, melted
- Add dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl over simmering water, stirring until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Holding strawberries by their stem, dip each one in the melted chocolate (about ¾ of the berry) then lightly place on a baking paper-lined wire rack, stem side down. Place on a wire rack in the refrigerator until chocolate is hardened.
- Optional: drizzle melted milk or white chocolate in crisscross lines across the hardened chocolate, then place back in the fridge until set.
About Flannerys Organic & Wholefood Market
Flannerys Organic & Wholefood Market offers a huge range of fresh, healthy and organic produce, including unpackaged bulk wholefoods, hormone-free meat, gluten-free products galore and plenty of healthy snacks. Pop in for free naturopathic advice, vegan-friendly and paraben-free cosmetics, plus all the regular health food supplies. For more information and easy to follow recipes visit flannerys.com.au