The Brisbane Night Noodle Markets will return from 22 September to 3 October 2021. It will debut a new home at the idyllic Botanic Gardens. The cult favourite event was recently postponed due to travel and quarantine restrictions.
The Night Noodle Markets will once again bring together the best combination of Australia’s multicultural flavours, celebrating and fusing cuisines as locals embark on a vibrant flavour journey from across Asia. Enjoy tasting new creations, dynamic flavours and signature dishes from delicious hawker-style stalls from around the country. Look forward to trying a range of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available.
You can be entertained by live music and DJs. The event will remain free.
Guests will need to register for a free ticket online. The markets are also cash-free (all major cards welcome) so you can spend less time queuing.
Local-picks Teppanyaki Noodles, Steamed Dim Sum and Raijin will be joined by exciting local newcomers Nodo Donuts, Schillykickk and Stone and Copper along with crowd-favourites Gelato Messina, Hoy Pinoy and Flying Noodles.
Heaps Normal is proud to be served at the Brisbane Night Noodle Markets this year. Heaps Normal brews real beer without the hangover. Whether you’re cutting back or sober, cheers to making it heaps normal to enjoy a great tasting beer.
Gage Roads Brew Co is stoked to be pouring its range of brews, including Single Fin Summer Ale, Pipe
Dreams Coastal Lager and Side Track All Day XPA. The Gage Roads beer garden will be in full swing – the
perfect spot to grab a seat, enjoy a bite and wash it down with a few frothies.
Venessa Cowell, Head of Nine Food Events said, “Brisbane missed out on the real-life Night Noodle
Markets last year, so we’re very excited to be back this year for Brisbanites! The event’s loyal food
vendors as well as new faces, are itching to get back to doing what they love, creating delicious cult
dishes that conjure memories of exploration, travel and connecting with loved ones over moreish food.”
Samantha Elliott, Head of Digital Sales and Marketing at Citi said “Brisbane’s food scene punches above its weight, and we are thrilled to witness the best it has to offer in-person at this year’s event. After all the COVID-19 restrictions the city and nation has endured, it’s exciting that Brisbane will kick off the first live Night Noodle Markets post-pandemic.”
Visitors can look forward to eclectic culinary offerings as they explore the wide variety of tastes and flavours on show from Brissy locals to national favourites. Good Food Month has revealed highlights from each of the stallholders, providing a taste of what guests can expect from this year’s event.
New Brisbane Stallholders
- Schillykickk: Pumping out Thai Fusion feasts with a twist, Schillykick will be serving up their original and sticky Schilly roti wraps as well as “Me So Schilly” and “Me So Meatless”.
- Stone & Copper Curry and Snack Bar: Showcasing the best elements of three feature cuisines – Thai, Malaysian and Indian. Savour mixed South Asian cuisine with their okra fries, drizzled with housemade tamarind and mint chutney, roti canai with curry sauce and bang bang butter chicken with basmati rice.
- Nodo Donuts: Completely gluten-free and baked-not-fried donuts! They won’t just be serving up their donut specialties but sundaes and whips.
- Hashtag Burgers & Waffles: For people looking for the best burgers Brisbane CBD, Hashtag Burgers & Waffles will be serving up a variety of types of burgers, including the best chicken burger, beef burgers, vegetarian burger and sides!
Local Brisbane Stallholders
- Teppanyaki Noodles: The Japanese noodle kings offer up a modern take on traditional dishes with their yakisoba fried noodles and teriyaki chicken fantastick.
- Raijin: Delicious Japanese cuisine from Raijin will see guests enjoy chicken karaage noodles, tofu karaage noodles, chicken karaage and gyoza dumplings.
- Steamed Dim Sum: Devour some of Brisbane’s best dumplings with their set of rainbow dumplings: celery filled with pork, pumpkin filled with chicken and beetroot filled with vegetables, their zen vegan options and pork buns.
- Bangkok Street Food: Bringing Bangkok’s world-famous street food scene to Brisbane with crowd favourites tom yum noodles, pad krapaw and grilled pork balls.
- Bao Brothers: Bringing the street-food culture of gua baos to a whole new level with the ‘bao easy 3’, ‘s3zy duz it’ and loaded sweet potato fries.
- Donburi Station – Be sure to make a stop at this station, serving up donburi beef and chicken, Tokyo taco, Japanese fried dumplings and Osaka noodles.
- Hoy Pinoy: Filipino BBQ street food superstars are serving up pork belly skewers in a banana ketchup glaze ‘Inihaw na Baboy’, chicken skewers in traditional soy glaze ‘Inihaw na Manok’ and grilled corn, cheese glaze, kornik ‘Inihaw na Mais’.
- May’s Malaysian: Incorporating a fusion of dishes with Malyasian cuisine, May’s sizzles with their mee goreng, Singapore noodles, nasi goreng, char kway teow, char bee hoon and fried radish cake.
- Gelato Messina: Messina will be serving Asian-inspired gelato and desserts in flavors you’ll go to bed dreaming about including HK French Toast: Dulce De Leche and Peanut Butter French Toast with Maple Syrup Gelato and Condensed Milk, Milo Fry Club: Deep Fried Milo Gelato, Messinatella Pudding and Oreo Crumble topped with Warm Messinatella and Mango Pancakes: Mango Sorbet and Vanilla Chantilly wrapped in a Mango Crepe (x2).
- Shallot Thai: Offering a profusion of authentic Thai tastes, Shallot Thai will see market-goers enjoy flavorful classics like pad Thai chicken, pad see ew chicken, crackling pork noodle and vegetable spring poll.
- Twistto/ Flying Noodles: Famed for their unique original hand-cut twisted potatoes made with a secret recipe batter and carefully blended flavours, Twistto and their original Korean twistto potato is always a sure-fire winner.
- Wokmaster: Temperatures are set to soar with the succulent roasted duck with Hokkien noodle in XO sauce, Singapore noodles with chicken and steamed golden fish balls with dipping sauce.
- Everyday Bao: Bringing their homemade fresh steamed buns to the Night Noodle Markets, Brisbanites will taste flavours like their Korean chicken gua bao, roast pork belly gua bao, soy braised beef, traditionally filled steam bun served with your choice of BBQ pork or veggie and a fried custard bao
About Brisbane Night Noodle Markets
Held at the Botanic Gardens.
Dates: 22 September to 3 October 2021
Free Ticketed Event
Night Noodle Markets Opening Hours:
Monday – Wednesday – 5 pm to 9 pm
Thursday – Friday – 5 pm to 10 pm
Saturday – 4 pm to 10 pm
Sunday – 4 pm to 9 pm
Brisbane Night Noodle Markets website: https://www.goodfoodmonth.com/brisbane/night-noodle-markets/