The Westward Whiskey Cold Fashioned Recipe is an awesome modern cocktail that highlights the top-grade coffee liquor from Mr Black. When you are your the bottle shop next, look out for the bottle owe the W and arrow label, as it is one of the highest-rated American single malt whiskey.
What are the tasting notes you can expect?
- Taste: Think spicy, lush fruit and a sweet malt flavour.
- Nose: You might be able to detect fruity flavours, creamy vanilla and brown sugar notes.
- Finish: Tobacco, dark chocolate and leather, with a lingering oak sweetness and perhaps stone fruit.
Westward Whiskey Cold Fashioned Recipe
- 30mL Westward American Single Malt Whiskey
- 30mL Mr Black Coffee Liqueur
- Orange Peel
- Mix the Westward Whiskey and Mr Black coffee liqueur in a mixing glass with ice
- Place an ice cube into the chilled glass, and pour the liquid over the ice
- Garnish with an orange peel twist
This drink might be better for the summer months, or when you want a quick pick me up.
About Westward Whiskey
Founded in 2004 by Christian Krogstad, and later helmed by CEO and Co-Owner Thomas Mooney, Westward is a leader of America’s craft distilling resurgence and the anchor of Portland, Oregon’s famed Distillery Row. Westward is both the largest distilling operation in the Pacific Northwest and the largest craft distiller on the West Coast.
A leader of the rapidly growing American single malt whiskey category, Westward has earned high praise around the world, with a Gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, a 93-point/Excellent rating at the Ultimate Spirits Challenge, a 94-point rating from Wine Enthusiast, and top billing in the Wall Street Journal’s list of Singular Single Malts Born in the USA. For more information, visit www.westwardwhiskey.com