Salt Meats Cheese is serving up its limited-edition meticulously crafted truffle-infused menu to celebrate the Australian truffle season! Here’s one of the recipes from the seasonal menu:
Truffle Pappardelle Recipe
150g fresh egg Pappardelle pasta
25g burnt butter
100g grated grana padano cheese
A drizzle of truffle olive oil
Fresh shaved black truffle
- Add olive oil in a pan, (preferably truffle oil), add butter and turn on the stove. Then add a clove of garlic and wait until the butter is melted.
- Cook it until butter is golden and take the garlic glove out of the pan.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water (water used to cook the pasta), the liquid in the pan will react with the water and will create a nice creamy sauce.
- Add the pasta cooked al dente and a pinch of salt, keep stirring the pasta for a minute or so.
- Take the pan away from the stove and add 100g of cheese, keep stirring so that you will create a creamy sauce. Make sure there is enough sauce in the pan when you add the cheese so that the sauce will not be too thick.
- Add fresh truffle shaved on top. Serve immediately.
About Salt Meats Cheese
Established in 2012, Salt Meats Cheese is a family-owned Italian restaurant group and purveyor of gourmet Italian produce. The cousin duo behind Salt Meats Cheese, Stefano De Blasi and Edoardo Perlo share a mutual passion for honest cooking using quality ingredients.
Truffle menu will be available for dinner 5pm Monday 20 July 2020 to Sunday 26 July 2020, at participating venues (Salts Meat Cheese Newstead, and Salt Meats Cheese Surfers Paradise).