We were fortunate to try these cocktails via a video-conferencing masterclass with a bartender in London. The vodka is distilled and made in Poland using traditional methods from the 19th century. Think Apple and plum notes. The pear cider with the vodka was my personal favourite.
Kavka Honey Smash
40 ml Kavka Vodka
20 ml lemon or lime juice
10 ml honey
Apple to garnish
- Pour vodka, lemon or lime juice and honey into a tall glass with ice.
- Add ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with apple slices.
Kavka and Pear Cider
30ml Kavka Vodka
Can or bottle of Hills Pear Cider
Apple to garnish
- Pour the vodka over ice.
- Top with cider
- Garnish with a thin slice of apple.
Kavka Apple Spritz
1 Part Kavka Vodka
1 Part Soda Water
1 Part Sparkling Wine
4 Slices Apple – Thinly Sliced
- Fill a wine glass with ice cubes
- Add Kavka Vodka, soda water, sparkling wine
- Garnish with apple slices in glass.
Kavka Vodka is available to purchase at Dan Murphy’s and BWS nationally.
Kavka Vodka Tasting Notes:
- Nose: Moves quickly from mellow to full-bodied fruitiness: fresh, ripe apples, rich dried fruit, then honey, with an underlying layer of fresh rye bread and grain notes adding range. Retains freshness and range.
- Palate: Elegant, indulgent mouthfeel. A light richness emerges and then intensifies into a lemon freshness with orange marmalade notes. Followed by a creaminess with grain and rye bread notes. All merging into a finale of luscious, rich-dry flavour.
- Finish: Rich-dry balance, with emerging fruit notes of apples and prunes. Garnished by lemons, underlined by dryness.
About Kavka Vodka
Kavka is a classic style of polish vodka with a big, confident character. Drawing upon the long vodka-making heritage of Poland, our small distillery, in the west of the country, has been producing vodka for over 200 years. Working with master distiller Urszula Wojcik, we have gone back to production methods popular in the 18th and 19th centuries to produce a fine premium vodka with real taste, strong character and a discernible point of difference. This is vodka how it used to taste; bold and distinctive. Kavka Vodka website.