I’m really looking forward to trying this vegetable-packed dip with some carrot sticks or corn chips. The garlic is going to give it a kick, but think of the fantastic anti-bacterial qualities. I might even serve it with a cheeky margarita with my girlfriends.
Spinach and Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
2 heads garlic
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups Califia FarmsⓇ Unsweetened Almond Milk, or similar
150g bag of baby spinach
Fine sea salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 C (400℉).
- Cut off the top third (⅓) of the garlic heads and place on a double layer of foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, wrap tightly, and roast until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- When garlic is done, in a large saucepan combine cauliflower and almond milk. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until very tender. This will be ready in about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower cooks, in a medium skillet heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted. Transfer to a colander and press lightly with a spatula to drain off any liquid.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the pot with cauliflower, and add spinach.
- Use an immersion blender to puree cauliflower (or transfer cauliflower, spinach, and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth). Add salt to taste.
Notes: 4 servings.
About Califia Farms
Califia Farm’s plant-based milks are the best to use in savoury recipes as they are completely unsweetened and really creamy. For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au or head to @califiafarms / #califiafarmsau
If you try the recipe above and like it, you might like to pin this one to your favourite Pinterest board or print it out for a trial run.
Please tell us what you thought of this recipe? What did you serve with it?