Here’s a great side dish that’s made from a couple of ingredients. It’s perfect for family events and ideal to serve vegetarians and vegans.
Spinach and Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Serves: 4 servings
2 heads garlic
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
140g baby spinach
Fine sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off the top ⅓ of the garlic heads and place on a double layer of foil. Drizzle with 2
tablespoons oil, wrap tightly, and roast until very tender, about 45 minutes.
- When garlic is done, in a large saucepan combine cauliflower and Califia Farms almond milk.
Cover, bring to a boil, and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower cooks, in a medium pan heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat.
Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted. Transfer to a colander and press lightly with a
spatula to drain off any liquid.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into pot with cauliflower and add spinach. Use an immersion
blender to puree cauliflower (or transfer cauliflower, spinach, and garlic to a food processor
and process until smooth).
- Add salt to taste.