You may like to try this pear and prosciutto appetizers recipe when pears are in season, or as an easy entertaining dish.
Pear and Prosciutto Appetizers Recipe
Makes 10 – 15 appetisers
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 Asian pear (nashi or ya pear)
- 100g soft goats cheese
- 3-4 slices sliced prosciutto
- 1 crop of Rocket microgreens
- Wash pears and slice thinly. Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl and dip pear slices into the lemon juice to stop them going brown.
- Lightly dry pear slices and assemble; take one pear slice and spread on ¼ tsp goats cheese. Add the other slice of pear on top and then another ¼ tsp goats cheese on top of that. Rip a 2×1 inch section of prosciutto and roll up lightly. Press the prosciutto on top of the goats cheese and add a small dab of goats cheese on top, before finishing with the rocket microgreens and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
- Repeat until all pear slices are used up. Try to pair similar sized pear slices together to get an even sized bite.
Recipe adapted by Micopod from Savor the Best
Micropod was founded by four friends in 2017. It began when CEO Jeff Xu had tried to grow microgreens after hearing about the superfood’s exceptionally high nutritional value and unique flavour profiles. Cultivating microgreens from scratch proved tedious and time-consuming for Jeff, an engineer, so he set out to design the perfect way to grow them at home. He enlisted the help of friends Brian Lai, Oliver McDermott and Jonathan Good, who combined their design and entrepreneurial expertise to develop the initial idea. Numerous trials and refinements later, Micropod was born.
Since launching in New Zealand in February 2019, Kiwis all over the country embraced not only the Micropod but also the deeper values of growing their own fresh, spray-free, and sustainable food. In late 2020, Micropod launched in Australia with more countries on the horizon soon. As the start-up continues to grow, it hopes to encourage people to become more conscious of where their food comes from while maintaining a focus on caring for the planet.