This Old Fashioned cocktail has zesty and sweet flavours. The whiskey is partnered with delicious Blackcurrant Syrup and Orange bitters to ensure the fruity notes of this drop really come through. You might like to garnish it with an orange peel for the photo.
Old Man’s Fashioned Recipe
- 60mL Westward American Single Malt Whiskey
- 15ml Monin Cassis Blackcurrant Syrup
- 0.5 drop of Fee Brothers West Indian Orange Bitters
- Orange peel
- Pour the whiskey, blackcurrant syrup and bitters into a mixing glass and stir to combine.
- Pour into an Old Fashioned Rocks glass on a large cube.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist.
About Westward Whisky
Founded in 2004 by Christian Krogstad, and later helmed by CEO and Co-Owner Thomas Mooney, Westward is a leader of America’s craft distilling resurgence and the anchor of Portland, Oregon’s famed Distillery Row. Since the opening of its new, expanded distillery in 2015, which increased capacity six-fold, Westward is both the largest distilling operation in the Pacific Northwest and the largest craft distiller on the West Coast. A leader of the rapidly growing American single malt whiskey category, Westward has earned high praise around the world, with a Gold medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, a 93-point/Excellent rating at the Ultimate Spirits Challenge, a 94-point rating from Wine Enthusiast, and top billing in the Wall Street Journal’s list of Singular Single Malts Born in the USA. https://www.westwardwhiskey.com/