Did you know you can order special meals which are off the regular menus of your favourite Brisbane restaurants and cafes?
In Brisbane, a number of fast food restaurants will let you order off their “secret menu”. The trick is to make sure the person serving you knows exactly what you mean.
This is a common practice amongst people with special diets, including gluten free, low carb, dairy-free and sugar-free. But the secret menu is usually developed by people in the industry who are able to experiment after hours. The items spread by word of mouth.
When I worked at Pizza Hut, the manager liked to stuff a garlic bread with pizza ingredients and topped with grated cheese. She shared it around with the staff doing the night shift.
List of McDonald’s Australia Secret Menu Ideas
- Poor Man’s Big Mac – order a double bacon cheeseburger and swap the sauces for Big Mac sauce and extra lettuce.
- Land, Sea and Air Burger – a mash-up of a Big Mac, a Fillet-O-Fish and a McChicken. Combine in any order.
- Animal Style Fries – regular chips with the Big Mac sauce on the side
List of Hungry Jacks’ Australia Secret Menu Ideas
- Frings – apparently you can order a combination of French fries and onion rings and be charged the higher price.
List of Starbucks’ Australia Secret Menu Ideas
- An epic list of weird and wonderful secret menu items from Starbucks with eye-catching photos.
Other Brisbane Secret Menu Ideas:
- Chur Burger’s namesake: a fried chicken burger with hot sauce gravy and maple bacon, between waffle bun.
We’d love to hear your secret menu orders. If you know of any other great off-the-regular-menu items please leave a comment below.
Photo Credit: Nik MacMillan on Unsplash