Jett’s Gym J Series is a HIIT and strength-based training session located at selected local gyms. The sessions are lead by a qualified trainer and last only 30 minutes.
The classes have motivating music and TVs show a display of the exercises at each station. You rotate around each station. If you forget what to do – just ask the trainer, follow along on the digital screen or just keep an eye on the person before you.
The trainer will correct your technique (I needed a hand on my squatting and push-ups) and can answer any questions you might have. They will also motivate you and count you down.
The training programs are updated every 12 weeks to keep it fresh.
Each day there is a different workout:
- Monday – Avalanche
- Tuesday – Thunderstruck – Set to rock music and featuring exercises using sandbags, kettlebells, free weights and weighted balls. Expect a mix of isolation and functional resistance exercises
- Wednesday – Radioactive – This class is Tabata style – think short bursts of intense activity.
- Thursday – Titanium – A tough but results-driven superset workout.
- Friday – Superfly – explosive power, speed and agility through plyometrics and functional movement
- Saturday – Down Under – the focus is on form and load with longer strength exercises mixed with uptempo, max effort cardio bursts.
If you go two or three times a week, they are good value for money – an extra $20 per week. There is a free trial.
You can book in your J Series session via the Jetts Gym app.
Unfortunately, J Series sessions don’t currently run on weekends or Friday after work in the Brisbane CBD and Fortitude Valley. The sessions are only offered at selected Jetts Gyms.
Image Credit: Unsplash