The German Film Festival is an annual event featuring the best new films from Germany showcasing Festival favourites, works of auteurs and the best new talent.
German Film Festival Highlights
- FABIAN: GOING TO THE DOGS (Fabian oder Der Gang vor die Hunde). Dominik Graf’s adaptation of Erich Kästner’s iconic 1930s Berlin set novel, sees a dashing idealist played by Tom Schilling find love amidst the twilight hedonism of pre-Nazi Germany.
- ELECTRIC GIRL -A high energy blend of animation and psychological study, in which a slam poet begins to embody the Japanese anime superheroine that she voices.
- HOW I TAUGHT MYSELF TO BE A CHILD (Wie ich lernte, bei mir selbst Kind zu sein)-In the conservative 1950s Vienna the youngest son of an established Austrian dynasty of confectionery millionaires discovers the power of love, humour and his own extraordinary ability to shape his realities.
- NIGHTLIFE – One man’s romantic encounter with the woman of his dreams turns into a crazy chase through the Berlin night in this wild comedy starring Elyas M’Barek and Palina Rojinski.
- THE AUDITION (Das Vorspiel)- A meticulously arranged visual concerto from acclaimed German actor/director Ina Weisse, this gripping drama stars Nina Hoss as a woman trapped in the pursuit of success.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany are long term supporters of the Festival and Jens Hoch, Head of the Embassy’s Culture Section, said “We are delighted that the Festival is back in 2021 as films are such an important way for cultures to connect. We are thrilled that some of the best of contemporary German cinema will be screened nationally.”
Bookings are essential.
About the German Film Festival Brisbane
Palace in association with German Films is excited to bring the best German-language cinema to you including box office hits and award-winning dramas straight from the Berlinale. The German Film Festival take place nationally in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Byron Bay.
Held in Brisbane: 1 – 20 June, Palace James St, Palace Barracks
For more information, please visit www.germanfilmfestival.com.au