- This event has passed.
Woodford Folk Festival
27 December 2019 - 1 January 2020
Tickets for the 34th annual Woodford Folk Festival are available.
Woodfordia’s General Manager, Amanda Jackes promises to raise the bar after last year’s festival which was described as the best festival yet.
“We made a lot of changes last year with the implementation of a $3m infrastructure spend from the QLD Government and the Moreton Bay Regional Council.
“We took risks with the new layout and new venues; we were nervous, but our patrons loved it and it turned out to be our best cultural event ever.”
“Now, there’s a new sense of confidence within the organisation and an ever-strengthening capability. It feels like the beginning of a new era for our Woodford.”
Organisers are in the midst of curating in excess of 1000 shows on 27 stages, working around a theme for the next three years, Imagining a Beautiful Future.
“Festivals are meant to shift people out from the daily grind and it’s our job to curate a celebration that allows people to be their best and to appreciate all that is good in our lives,” said Festival Director, Bill Hauritz.
“While there’s a lot not going well on this planet, there is so much that is. We think that visualising a beautiful future might help give a focus to solve our problems and be optimistic about where we might be headed.
“We hope and plan that our festival can provide an atmosphere of goodwill in an uplifting experience for our patrons” concluded Hauritz.
Ticket prices remain the same as 2018/19 with Festival friends and fans encouraged to take advantage of early-release tiered ticket pricing.
The official program for Woodford Folk Festival will be launched in October for the annual event and includes a massive music and song program, talks and forums, ceremonies, comedy, cabaret, circus, 100 workshops and what Hauritz describes as ‘the most loving children’s festival in the world’.
Some of the highlights of this major line-up include but are not limited to:
- Kasey Chambers, playing the festival for the first time
- Emma Louise playing from her ‘Lilac Everything’ album
- Amanda Palmer on her ground-breaking, ‘There Will Be No Intermission’ tour
- Lior playing his full ‘Autumn Flow’ album with band and strings
- Horrorshow and The Herd heading up a 21st birthday bash for the Elefant Traks label
- Kate Miller-Heidke
- Electric Fields
- Archie Roach in his first shows with Paul Grabrowsky for his ‘Tell Me Why’ memoir and accompanying album
- Harry James Angus of The Cat Empire
- Lime Cordiale
- Tia Gostelow
- Betty Grumble
- Briefs Factory
There are over 30+ international groups represented in this year’s programme including – but not limited to:
- Boban Markovic Orkestar (SERB)
- The Brother Brothers (USA)
- Brighde Chaimbeul (SCOT)
- Elephant Sessions (SCOT)
- Blair Dunlop (ENG)
- Monks of Tibet (NEPAL)
Woodford Folk Festival Fun Facts
- The 34th annual Woodford Folk Festival runs from December 27 to January 1
- Woodfordia becomes the 67th largest town in Australia during the six-day festival period
- Woodfordia covers 500 acres of land in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and welcomes an aggregate attendance of approximately 125,000 people
- 2600 volunteers will dedicate their time over the six days
- More than 110,000 trees across 600 species have been planted at Woodfordia since 1994
Tickets for Woodford Folk Festival 2019/20 are available from the festival website, woodfordfolkfestival.com.