Top restaurateurs and celebrity chefs get Queensland dining to dig deep at Bushfire Benefit Dinner
We know the saying well, “too many cooks spoil the broth” – but in this case, a collaboration of the state’s best chefs for Brisbane’s Bushfire Benefit Dinner on 31 January will get Queensland dining to give generously to Australia’s bushfire crisis.
Prominent chef Alastair McLeod will bring together a tribe of celebrity chefs and restaurateurs including sAme sAme chef Ben Bertie, and Otto Ristorante chefs Will Cowper and Matt Golinski for the unique fundraising event at Brisbane’s Lightspace.
It will also include the chance to have your own private dinner with MasterChef season eight runner up and Sum Yung Guys chef Matt Sinclair.
Queenslanders have the chance to share in an unforgettable night of food, wine, music and comradery – while raising as much money as possible through ticket sales, raffle prizes, and incredible ‘money can’t buy’ private dining experiences with these celebrity chefs.
“Like the rest of the world, we’ve been deeply shocked and saddened to watch the unfolding bushfire crisis – and felt compelled to help in the only way we know-how,” says AlFreshCo Catering chef and event organiser Alastair McLeod.
“We’re hoping to bring around 160 Queenslanders together for a night of fine food and wine – while raising as much money as possible to support the bushfires.
“Plus, you’ll have the chance to get your own private dinner with Matt Sinclair, or a unique experience inclusive of Greek wines with the legendary David Tsirekas – extremely rare but generous opportunities from these leading chefs.
“We’re so grateful to all the providores, suppliers and wider community who’ve already been beyond generous to help pull this event together – donating all their goods and time.
“It means 100 per cent of funds raised will go to the QLD Rural Fire Service and the Wildlife Information and Rescue Service (WIRES),” Alastair said.
The menu is thoughtfully created and prepared by Alastair and his AlFreshCo Catering team, with guests dining on five courses using local Queensland produce, and experiencing an evening of music with Rush Entertainment.
Raffle prizes will include a piece by Brisbane artist Pip Spiro, and the silent auction will include ‘money can’t buy’ experiences with prominent chefs and restaurateurs
Tickets are now on sale via https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/bushfire-benefit-dinner-tickets-88556271191 at $195 per seat.
Bushfire Benefit Dinner Silent Auction Items
- Sum Yung Guys co-owner and chef Matt Sinclair – dinner and drinks for 10 in your own home (available anywhere between Brisbane and Noosa)
- sAme sAme chef Ben Bertie – BBQ dinner for 10 people in your own home
- Spicers Tamarind chef Dan Jarrett – private cooking class for 12 guests at The Tamarind
- Spicers Clovelly Estate – Dinner in Long Apron and overnight stay at Clovely Estate
- Otto Ristorante chef Will Cowper – A journey through Sicily’ degustation with matching wines
- Noosa Eat Drink Festival / Matt Golinski – 2 x VIP weekend passes to Noosa Eat Drink Festival, 2 x tickets to ‘Dinner with Friends at View’ by Matt Golinski, 2 x tickets to ‘Noosa Long Lunch’
- Bacchus / chef Massimo Speroni – Pick up/drop off in Land Rover Stealth menu for 4 people to include 28 different dishes plus matching wine
- The Greek Club / chef Dave Tsirekas – private dinner for twelve with wine in your own home
- Chef Richard Ousby (formerly Stokehouse Q) – private dinner party for ten in your own home
- Chef Tony Tierney (formerly of Ocean View Estate) – private dinner for ten in your own home
- Wild Canary / chef Glen Barratt – Tickets for four people to the Byron Bay/Northern Rivers producers lunch
Bushfire Benefit Dinner Menu
- Whipped roe, Yarra Valley caviar, dill
- Verjuice Cured Kingfish, seaweed, soft curd, native lime, old bread
- Eye fillet of beef, burghul, mushrooms, greens, Bauple nut puree
Fourth course (share)
- Saltbush goat milk chevre, flowers, burnt stingless bee honey (served share style)
- Soft chocolate, vanilla cheesecake, salted caramel
About Bushfire Benefit Dinner
When: Friday 31 January starting at 6.30 pm
Where: Lightspace, 2 Scanlan St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006