Susie Burrell has created a Christmas-themed take on a traditional rocky road with gingernut biscuits and crunchy peanut butter. The green pistachios and red craisins add some festive colour and flavour.
Christmas Peanut Butter Rocky Road Recipe
Time: 1.5 hours
Makes 12 bars
- 1 cup Mayver’s Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 400g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar-reduced craisins
- 100g Gingernut biscuits, lightly crushed
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Line a 15cm x 30cm baking pan with non-stick paper and set aside. Place the peanut
butter and dark chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt at 30 second
intervals. Stir mixture in between intervals or until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in craisins, gingernut biscuits, marshmallows, pistachios and coconut. Mix the mixture
well and pour into a lined pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator for roughly 1 hour to
set. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 12 large bar-sized pieces.