Pairing golden, crisp chicken bites with pita bread, mayonnaise, avocado, shredded carrot, tomato, lettuce, sweet chilli and a dash of lime, this simple yet sumptuous dish is easy to adapt for all palates.
Download the recipe card for Manu’s Chicken Munchies Pita Pockets.
Chicken Munchies Pita Pockets Recipe
- ½ x 1kg bag of frozen Ingham’s Original Chicken Munchies
- 2 avocados
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly shredded
- 200g punnet solanato tomatoes, sliced
- 420g packet pita pockets, heated
- Whole egg mayonnaise and lime wedges, to serve
How to cook in a few simple steps:
- Cook Chicken Munchies according to the directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, coarsely mash avocados. Place in a bowl with chopped spring onions and lime juice, season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce and oil in a large bowl, add lettuce, carrot and tomatoes, and toss to coat.
- To serve, spread inside pita pockets with avocado mixture and mayonnaise. Fill with salad and chicken munchies. Serve with lime wedges.
To learn more about Ingham’s, its range of turkey products, and Ingham’s Dinner Done, visit inghams.com.au/dinner-done
Ingham’s has twenty Turkey farms, which are located in New South Wales based on the Macarthur region in South-West Sydney to the Southern Highlands. All farms are family-owned and operated.
Ingham’s is the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand, employing 8,000 people. It supplies locally farmed chicken, turkey and plant-based protein products to major retailers, quick-service restaurant (QSR) operators, food service distributors, wholesalers and export channels. Ingham’s was incorporated in March 2016 and is listed on the ASX as Inghams Group Limited.
Ingham’s is proud to participate in the RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme as a Producer in Australia, with animal welfare and sustainability as two of the company’s top priorities. For more information, visit the Ingham’s website. inghams.com.au