Would you love to write for Brisbanista?
Our regular contributors are either experts in their field or passionate writers. If you’d like to be a once-off or ongoing guest writer and think you have something worth sharing with Brisbane residents, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Post Guidelines
Guest posts must be original content with copyright-free eye-catching images. Please include samples of your work which demonstrate your writing skills. You must have an active LinkedIn account.
I no longer reply to generic email pitches which are not personally addressed and tailored to the website.
Guest posts which contain links to businesses or promote products and services are considered sponsored posts.
Brisbanista content scope
You are welcome to submit articles on any number of topics which might interest our readers. Suitable articles are ones which cover the following topics in Brisbane and South East Queensland: accommodation, amusement parks, art galleries, art exhibitions, bars, beaches, café, book reviews (recent), clubs, events, festivals, film reviews (recent), musicals, markets, museums, parks, picnic spots, pubs, restaurants, sporting areas, tourist attractions, walks, wineries.
Currently seeking: one theatre reviewer and one music reviewer based in Brisbane.
We like to feature:
- Product reviews of lifestyle products from an Australian small business, especially sold at the markets or Etsy
- Review of a subscription box
- On-trend topics – keto, life hacks, charcoal, kefir…
- Interviews with Australian small business owners
Out of scope: general lifestyle articles, parenting, children’s activities, business, investment, MLM,
Please email us your articles or ideas, which are:
- high quality, original and unique content (long or short)
- catching title
- proofread by another person for grammatical errors and spelling
- please include eye-catching original photos, infographics or copyright free images to illustrate your article (optimised in file size for the web).
Whenever you write an article for us, you agree to spend time promoting your article on all of your social media platforms.
In exchange, we are happy to add a one to three sentence profile about yourself with a happy smiling headshot photograph. This can link to your website or one social media profile.
We love featuring videos. The quality must be professional with copyright free sound (use a microphone please). We prefer videos to be under 30 seconds, but no longer than 2 minutes. Please host the video on your channel and we can embed in a relevant post.
Benefits of guest writing
- link to your website (improving your ranking and Klout score)
- brand awareness and exposure of your business or products
- the opportunity to attend exclusive press and media events
- the opportunity to trial products and services
- the thrill of seeing your work published online
- a written recommendation for your LinkedIn profile (optional – If you have contributed more than ten articles).