The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) is hosting a Queensland-wide art awards competition as part of its 150th-anniversary celebrations.
The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) Art Awards are a creative opportunity for the Queensland community to celebrate and commemorate the RBWH’s people and places. Open to staff, patients, the community, professional artists and novices alike, these awards are about acknowledging the hospital’s rich history over the past 150 years.
Calling all artists to submit a ‘Royal’ inspired piece for a chance to win a share of over $4000 in cash and prizes.
Artists are invited to submit artwork under the following four mediums:
- painting or drawing
- animation/videography (max. one-minute duration)
Entries will be exhibited over five weeks at RBWH, with winners announced at an awards presentation night in November.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- First place (each medium)—$500 each
- Highly Commended (each medium)—$300 each
- RBWH Staff Award (any medium)—$300
- Executive Director Award (any medium)—$300
- 150 Years of Care Award (any medium)—$300
- People’s Choice Award—$300
Artwork will be exhibited throughout the hospital in November and December 2017.
This competition would be perfect for any budding artists (or professionals!). For more information: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/metronorth/events/rbwh-art-awards.