Brisbane residents can now get him* to the Greek restaurant. The Nostimo Restaurant & Bar has opened in South Brisbane, as part of The Greek Club. (*or her)
The Chef in Residence is internationally acclaimed Sydney-based Greek Chef, David Tsirekas. He has created a refined, modern Greek menu which celebrating traditional Greek flavours. He plans to continue his practice of highlighting local and fresh ingredients by working with local farmers and suppliers.
Nostimo Restaurant and Bar Review
I got an exclusive invite to opening night to write a review of Nostimo. I sampled some share plates of these signature dishes:
- Swordfish Kalamaki – skewers of barbecued swordfish marinated in olive oil, fresh ginger, lemon zest, shallots and tarragon, served on a bed of traditional fassolada, a traditional Greek soup made from black eye beans.
- Koulouria flatbread with Kalamazoo olive tapenade and green olive butter – It’s shaped like a pocket (or handbag) and is currently popular in Athens.
- The meatballs are a must try. A.k.a. soutzoukakia of Smyrna – these are pork, beef and rice herb meatballs with a cumin tomato mustard seed sauce.
- Saganaki (an appetizer of fried cheese) was super cheesy (and so are my jokes).
- Hortopia made from fresh wild greens from the kitchen garden. Totally healthy and packed with vitamins. They think this dish is one of the reasons the Greeks live long.
- Dirty chips with a fried egg – mixed with chunks of Greek sausage and shards of cheese.
- Bougatsa with strawberry and macerated berries. A divine dessert and the perfect finish.
Tip: The drink to try at the bar is pomegranate mojito (recipe kindly provided by David Tsirekas).
The Nostimo Restaurant and Bar has opened as part of The Greek Club’s $3 million renovations. The venue can seat 75 diners in the restaurant with 85 on the terrace with stunning city skyline views.
nostimo // adjective: delicious . tasty. gorgeous. superb. wonderful. delightful.
The Greek Island-inspired decor features white rendered walls, thatched ceilings and a black and white terrazzo. Don’t miss wondering about the labour of love in creating the feature of over 15,000 worry beads hanging from the ceiling. A photo doesn’t do it justice, you need to see this in person.
Ultra modern meets Mediterranean holiday vibe.
About Nostimo Restaurant and Bar
Nostimo Restaurant and Bar is open for lunch Monday to Sunday, dinner Monday to Saturday and will be available for exclusive bookings. There is a dedicated area for private functions and conference rooms.
P: 07 3844 1166
Nostimo Restaurant Bar is located at The Greek Club, 29 Edmondstone Street, South Brisbane QLD 4101