The 16th annual Gold Coast Film Festival will run for 13 days from Tuesday 17 April to Sunday 29 April 2018, with the Australian
premiere screening of thriller The Second confirmed for the Film Festival’s Opening Night at HOTA, Home of The Arts, with director Mairi Cameron and cast including Rachael Blake and Vince Colosimo in attendance.
- The Second, a Stan Original Film, is a Queensland production by a Brisbane-based creative team and filmed in Jimbour
- Australian premiere of black comedy Brothers’ Nest to screen at the Closing Night on Sunday 29 April with brothers Shane Jacobson and Clayton Jacobson (Kenny), attending the event and Q and A.
- Queensland premiere of Simon Baker’s Breath, at a special red-carpet gala event at Pacific Fair on Thursday 19 April
- Queensland premiere screening of documentary Jill Bilcock: Dancing The Invisible, which shines a light on one of the world’s most legendary film editors, Jill Bilcock.
- Australian premiere of The Stolen, a film which takes viewers deep into the New Zealand wilderness following 1860s English settler Charlotte Lockton, played by Alice Eve as she searches for her kidnapped son.
- Australian premiere screening of her film Strange Colours.
- World premiere of The Pretend One, with Co-writer/director Tony Prescott
- Women In Film Luncheon at QT Hotel on Friday 20 April 2018 with special guest speaker Jenny Cooney.
- Queensland Scream Fest, showcasing six Queensland short film horrors; Emerge, screening short films from recently graduated film students; and SIPFest, a collection of 12 short films screened on iconic Surfers Paradise beach.
Tickets for all events and films are now on sale at www.gcfilmfestival.com.
About the Gold Coast Film Festival
The Gold Coast Film Festival (GCFF) celebrates and promotes all aspects of film and filmmaking from one of Australia’s leading filmmaking locations and holiday destinations – The Gold Coast. The Gold Coast Film Festival is supported by its major partners Screen Queensland, the City of Gold Coast, Tourism and Events Queensland and HOTA, Home of the Arts. Event Cinemas/BCC Coolangatta, Pacific Fair, QT Gold Coast, Bond University, Connecting Southern Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise Alliance are event partners of the 2018 Gold Coast Film Festival. The festival is also supported by gold partners Faremedia, Uber, The Edit Suite and Blackmagic Design.